Cobalt Weyr

A 13th Interval Weyr

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

First sight of a new home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:18 am

Z'ek curled up on the makeshift bed beside Alana. Rolling over, he kissed her goodnight before falling asleep, also veyr exhausted.

COBALT WEYR MOVED TO NEW SITE AND RECONSTRUCTED. LINK ABOVE.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 am

Finaly snug, Alana slowly drifted off to sleep.

Candidate Master Ri-Ri and Guilded Ebith
Master Genecrafter Delphon
Green Aprentice Genecrafter Darian
Journeywoman Healer Evangeline

Feel free to PM me with Questions relating to the RP, its kinda my job to answer them. lol!
Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 am

Z'ek woke up before Sunrise, as usual. He looked over at Alana and decided to let her sleep a little longer. He got up quietly and walked bakc out into the weyrbowl, where the others were sleeping. To his suprise, he found Callie sitting on the big rock he had jumped off of yesterday watchign Aliath and Beth swim around and play. Anna was asleep towards the other riders still. He walked over to Priloth and whsipered, "Priloth! Priloth, wake up, you can take a swim before we get to work if you'd like."Then he went around to all the other dragons and whispered that too them. T'ston, C'dy, K'vin, and Maryalice's mounts charged off into the water immediately, but the others didn't wake up so fast.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 am

Priloth, Ebith and Irilith were more reluctant to get up than the others. Eventualy though, they did get up and join the other dragons in the lake.

Woken by a sudden breeze, P'alo looked around like a stunned wherrie. He saw Priloth in the lake, along with most the other dragons, exept Zenath and Essaith, who were still asleep on the bowl rim.

He forced himself to move, stiff from sleeping on the ground, and went to the lake to freshen up, splashing water on his face, and rubbing a small amound of sweet sand he had in a pouch attatched to his belt into his hands, giving them a good clean before breakfast.

Feel free to PM me with Questions relating to the RP, its kinda my job to answer them. lol!
Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 am

Z'ek looked back and saw P'alo kneeling at the edge of the water. Then he went around and woke up all the other riders. The he walked as close as possible to Zenath and Essiath. "ZENATH!!" Zenath sat up, blinked, and muttered something uncomprehendable before running and jumping into the lake, successfully splashing the others. Z'ek watched as he started playfully playing bubbles underwater beneath Priloth... With a chuckle at his dragon's actions, he left Essiath to wake up and went to get Alana. He had let her sleep in, but now they needed to decide dens. He walked quickly in to where the makeshift bed was and gently woke Alana up. "Alana, it's time to get up. I woke up all the riders and dragons. The dragons are having baths, and the riders are all getting ready for breakfast."He whispered to her
Zenath blew a huge amount of bubbles directly underneath Priloth's rear for as long as he could hold his breth. And a dragon's bubbles are pretty big... Zenath surfaced a few dragonlengths away and pointed to the last big bubbles with his snout. >>Did it just get warmer?<<He asked the queens, not showing or hinting the teasing in his voice.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:02 am

Alana groaned. It hadnt been the best sleep. She just wanted 5 more minutes...

Priloth growled under his breath. The bonze was taking it too far! He walked up to the other queens that Zenath was talking to, and began to groom Aliath in just the right spot. She didnt seem to object either. If Zenath tryed anything...

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 am

Aliath hummed in staisfaction. She leaned down towards Priloth and whispered, >>Thank you Priloth.<< She leaned down and gently rubbed his withers with her nose.
Hearing and seeing Aliath, Zenath growled in fury. HE was the one in charge, NOT this scrawny little shriveled with age half-pint! Znetah rushed forwards and shouldered Priloth with all his strength, which was bound to pain the little old Ivory as he was shoved underwater. A minute later he surfaced gasping for breath and Zenath fixed him with a deathly stare. >>And did I hear you growl at me half-pint?<<He asked in a to-cool tone. Zenath was more than furious. He would not put up with any mor eof this Ivory! ANd most certainly not if he tried it on Essiath again! >>Let me remind you,<<He unsheathed his claws and lifted one forleg out of the water threateningly. >>that I could drown you in this lake faster than you could say Essiath.<<Zenath paused and fixed him with that stare again, waiting for a reaction.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 am

Priloth was just as furious as Zenath, but kept a calm exterior that was sure to annoy the bronze.
>>And might I remind you brother, that you only have rights to Essaith, and even then she may not always be yours. I have flown pleanty of Queens in my time, I have 119 eggs to my name, unlike you, who has less that 50, all to the same gold.<< Priloth paused, adding drama.

>>And that neither of these beautiful Queens can be claimed till they rise, and that the young copper will be to fast for you anyway, when she rises for the first time.<<

Priloth exited the pool. >>Oh, and Essaith woke up, she was watching the whole time<<

Priloth looked to the bowl rim to see Essaith rumbling angrily. The senior queen did not like her mate to stray, else she may choose to allow another to catch her next flight.

He walked away smugly, taking to the air and landing on a sunny spot on the rim bowl.

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am

>>You just TRY and fly my Essiath, I'll knock you out the sky before you get within 50ft of her! Besides, no gold likes besaides, THAT one.<<He spat back and motioned to Aliath. Then he turned back to the queen. >>You should not spend your time with the likes of HIM.<<Zenath growled disdainfully. He took to the sky and landed beside Essiath. >>Sorry I flirted before with the other queens, but that Ivory needs to be put in his place! He gets anywhere near you in a flight and he WILL.<<Zenath sat down with a hmmph of anger as he watched the Ivory fly away. It was quite obvious he only cared about Essiath.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:06 am

Essaith death stared Zenath for a good two minutes, assessing his words to make sure he wasnt going to do it again. Of cource, a dragon can npot lie, but it didnt hurt to make sure.

After what must have seemed like forever, she began purring, a rather wierd noice for a dragon her size, and rubed herself along Zenath's sides, laying at his feet and playfuly nudging him with a giant taloned paw.

He was forgiven, for now.

Alana finaly woke, due to Essaiths noisey protests to somthing. She got up and walked outside, and stod beside her mate, hugging him sleepily. "Whats going on?"

Priloth didnt want to fly Essaith. Sure, she was senior queen and closer to his age, but he had no desire to be the weyrleaders dragon. He looked down the bowl at Aliath and Florath, who were still bathing.

>>Aliath, would you care to join me? The sun is delightful...<<

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 am

Zenath rumbled happily and pushed up closer to Essiath. >>How much longer till your flight anyway?<<
"I don't know, Zenath and Priloth were almost to fighting and what wok you up was Essiath because Zenath shoved Priloth off Aliath. Essiath got jealous, but look up there now."He pointed to their dragons.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:37 am

Essaith sent a smug feeling to Zenath, Z'ek and Alana. >>You know a Queen can never tell, and the closer we get to a pass, the more unpredictable they get.<< She remembered their last flight with fondness, even though she had nearly been caught by a diffrent bronze because Zenath had been away from the weyr as she started to blood her kills...

Alana huddled closer to Z'ek, mimicing their dragons. "Shall we see about breakfast then?"

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 am

>> I'm certainly not leaving this time when you rise.<<Zenath replied loudly, looking pointedly at his rider and Alana. >>COem on let's go see what we need to do today.<<Zenath said an started in a slow glide for Essiath to catch up.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 am

Essaith lazily opened her wings and steped off the cliff, soon catching up to Zenath in their lazy glide.

Looking up to see Zenath and Essaith, Alana continued to the center of the weyrbowl. All the riders looked hungry, but few had experience in a kitchen, so they would need to set up a fire and have a dragon catch a wildbeast, then have a nice roast and redfruit porrige for breakfast.

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:09 am

Zenath landed beside the other dragons ahead of Essiath as Aliath walked up. She appeared to be waiting for Essiath to say something.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 am

Landing softly, Essaith turned to Aliath. Being senior queen was such a drag sometimes. She had to be polite while also making sure the other queens knew their place.

She knodded politly to Aliath, keeping her tail on Zenaths back possesivly.

"Sure, but we need to organise for someone to catch us a plump wildbeast for food today, and capture live wildbeasts to but into the beasthold, to feed us till the ships arrive"

Alana was glad to have help, but things like this was hard; she was responible for feeding everyone, while Z'ek was responible for deploying dragons to varius tasks. This sort of chore, by tradition, required both their word to do.

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Aliath nodded respectfully to Essiath, but not at Zenath. >>The bully is all yours, have no fear. Even if he tried I would never let him catch me.<<Aliath then turned on he rheel and walked to Alana. >>If the WeyrLeader agrees, I can go get wome Wildbeast for you for breakfast?<<

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Essaith calmed. She was glad the other queens were on her side in this matter.

Alana smiled Aliath. It felt do wierd to have other dragons inside her head, but after the genecrafters meddling many turns ago, they were able to speak to another rider or non rider, but only of they spoke directly tp them. And they had to be within range.

"I give my permission Aliath, now, go find us a nice plump wildebeast for breakfast, and redfruit and berries for our porrige. Moonblossom fruit would also be nice, if you can find any fruiting trees.?

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Callie stepped forwards to Alana. "Alana, Beth is asleep and I know she's tired so I don't want to wake her.. While Aliath and Anna and I are gone, if she wakes up, woudl you please have her help by carrying or pulling small stuff or something till we return?"Callie asked Alana. She planned to use Beth's crate to carry Wildbeast.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 pm

"Yes, go quick, I am sure that the other riders will not have such high moral as yeaterday without a good meal in their bellies"

Alana turned back to Z'ek. "Could you organise the male riders in building a fire and a cooking stand for our pot, while the female riders and I prepare the fruit porrige? Even some sweetrolls, I am sure you would like ome of those..." She smiled up at her mate.

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:02 am

Callie nodded and went to get Anna. Then she got Aliath's straps on and her and Anna climbed aboard. Aliath quickly grabbed Beth's empty crate and then they went Between to the place they had hunted the day before.
"That sounds fine Alana."He answered with a smile and a hug before turnign to the other riders. He called all the male riders to him. "Everypne go grab an armful of firewood, be sure to get some kindling twigs to."

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17 am

With a satisfied grin, Alana made for the storage cavern. They had carved out a workbench in the stone for them to use as either a shelf or as an actual work surface, she was very grateful for it.

She removed a metal cutting board and a set of knives, bowls and spoons. She called to Gie and Ri-Ri. "Can one of you go and get a skinful of water? And another pick out fruits and grains for use in the porrige"

Gie nodded, grabbing an empty waterskin and heading towards the lake. Soon she had filled it and was walking back.

Ri-Ri went to the food packs, and opened them one by one, picking out a donzen ripe redfruit and two moonblossom fruit, as well as a bucket of grain.

Last she grabed the huge soaking pot that the workers had left fot them, draging all the items towards the workbench.

"Here is the fruit Alana" Alana nodded, she was sharpening the knives so she could chop the firm fruit properly.

Heading back to the pot, Ri-Ri pored the grains inside. Just in time, Gie came back with water and filled the soaking pot, thr grains were well covered and would have pleanty of room to expand.

Handling the fruit with care, Alana soon had several nice bowls full of chopped fruit. She went back to the food packs, and found some sugar and salt. The sugar would be added to the porrige while it was cooking, but she seasoned the fruit with the salt, then took a masher to each bowl. Soon the contence of four bowls fit into one.

Back to top Go down
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 am

Once there was a pile of firewood and kindling beside him, Z'ek dismissed the riders and started making the fire himself in a small hollow in the ground. This was a good spot, because the hollow sort of contained the fire, and the smoke would curlaround and up and go out through the opening in the roof. First he put two long, skinny pieces parrallel to eahc other. then he put one flat but large log in the center and kindling around it and on it. Tht done, he stacked the remainign logs and kindling for Alana to use to replace the others when they turned to ashes. Next he got two quite tall but fairly thick sticks. Taking out a miniature hunting knife from his pocket, he cut a deep V in the top of each. Then he drove the sticks into the sandy ground, and laid a long narrow stick over the top. When he was done, he had a nice cookfire. But he wasn't done quite yet. Z'ek walked over to the packs and got out two different pots of about the same size with tri-chains and hooks on them. Walking back, he set them beside the fire and then found a little piece pf flint he had ha din his pack for an occasion such as this. No need to bother the dragons, who were all playing in the water again. Well, at least no need yet. After he did this he planned on flying and catching up to Callie to scout and let Zenath help Aliath hunt. He wouldn't be needed here till after breakfast. And besides, the outdoors calmed him. He had had a good night's sleep, but he would be anxious until the boat arrived safely. Finally Z'ek got a few sparks with the flint and knife and the fire got going quickly after that. He got T'ston to keep and eye on the fire until Alana arrived and used it. "Maryalice!"He called the Guildedrider over. "Please go tell Alana that I got her cookfire started and that I'm going to go scout but I'll be back with Callie. I'll probably brign back some wildbeast for us to put in the beasthold and some more supplies. Thank you."He directed her as she nodded and dashed off. "Zenath!"He called. The big bronze came dripping out of the water, not even bothering to shake himself dry. >>Yes?<< "We're going scouting. Dry off while I get your straps and packs please."Z'ek went off for a few minutes and returned with 4 extra-large packs and a jumble of straps. He got them on Zenath the right way and then had the Bronze get one of the huge crates the workermen had left when they were done and then they went Between and popped up beside Callie and Aliath, who were looking around standing on the edge of a forest and clearing.
Callie jumped as Z'ek and Zenath popped out of Between not but a few feet from her. "Z'ek! You scared me, what are you doing here?"She asked, looking partially at the even mutual glare going from Aliath and Zenath.

Back to top Go down
Dragongirl
Jr Weyrwoman
Jr Weyrwoman

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 am

Rose stand up an decides to fallow Z'ek and Callie to Between.
Florath lies down and Rose climbs aboard her dragons strapping herself in.
With a loud pop the two go to Between. Florath land a few dragon lengths away from Z'ek and Callie.
"Z'ek and Callie need anny help?" Rose called.
Back to top Go down
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Jellified_Dragons/
LightningRip
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader
Weyrwoman/WeyrLeader

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 am

"Well let's tell the dragons to go hunt and bring us back a wildbeast for breakfast."Z'ek replied after he saw Rose had a crate as well. "Then the three of us can go get some other food. "Rose, undo your packs first htougha nd clip them to your belt soemhow. We cna use them to carry the supplies back to the crates."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First sight of a new home   

Back to top Go down

First sight of a new home
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next